Safe Self-Briefing is just what you need to ensure you are making safe weather decisions. It will help you
- Learn the simple rules that clarify what weather you may encounter.
- Learn what to do when briefing elements conflict.
- Learn specifically how elements of the briefing can be used to ensure your safety.
- Learn the vital Detection Tools of briefing—that will give you confidence in making safe decisions.
Understanding the Hazards is a comprehensive weather book designed to give you enough plain language information so that you can make good, safe decisions for your flights.
- How to recognize unforecast hazards.
- The most hazardous types of turbulence (that are rarely forecast) and how to recognize them.
- A great forecast tool with MOS Bulletins and how to decipher them.
- How to determine the accuracy of Winds
- Great Icing sites.
- How to determine the accuracy of a long-range forecast